Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday

Oh my God, I think yesterday was the worst shift since I started working. I don't know why people think it's ok to waltz into their doctor's office 45 minutes late for an appointment and expect to get in...and I don't know why people expect that, just because they're friends with the doctor, that they should not have to wait 2 hours as a walk-in patient just like everyone else. I swear, the doctor has told his entire community that they are welcome to see him at any time of the day or night, just because they share the same country of origin. Which is fine...as long as they aren't yelling at me because I won't accommodate them when it's 4:45 and we're closing in 15 minutes!!! And we still have patients in every room!!

My Scotty took me to a Blue Goose gala on Saturday night. The Blue Goose is a fraternal insurance organization, which translates into "Come and drink with us...all proceeds go to charity". Last night's charity was Casa . Dinner was served over two and a half hours!!! The best part was dessert, which was strawberry mousse. But my bum was sore by 9pm from sitting for so long lol.

Scott has gone to work today because he's a bit behind...lots of house fires these past few weeks, and he's been travelling a lot. He needed one full day at his desk without the phone ringing to catch up on his paperwork. It sucks when Sunday is usually our only day of the week together...but it has to be done.

I really need to do some cleaning and laundry today...and then I'm off to job #2 tonight after supper. Some weeks I like that job much better, as the shop is closed and it's just me and one of the big kids lol. No customers/patients to yell at me :) .

No comments: