Monday, October 19, 2009

Blah.

I still have nothing to say. So I'll just type a bunch of gibberish, uh-k? K!

I am working the before-school and after-school shift at the school Scholastic book fair. It's fun, I like it. Kylie and her friends helped me hang posters this morning and I perused the books. I'm not a book buyer...seems like a waste of money. Did I give anyone a heart attack with that comment? If I feel the need to buy Sam a stack of awesome board books that she can't rip apart, I head to Goodwill. The library costs me $12 for an entire year of books, movies, Wii games and magazines. I can go as often as I want to exchange them. There's a pot store across the street with lots of interesting people coming and going (mostly kids from the nearby high school)...I watch them from the window while Sam sits on the floor and plays with Lego. There's a transvestite prostitute that hangs out at the 7-11 across the street from the pot store, she's very entertaining. My 'hood is very colourful in the fall :) .

Jacob turned 8 the other day and we had the funnest, most coolest party for him ever. I really don't like little boy parties, because I just can't keep up with them but this party was perfect :) . We had beautiful weather on Sunday, couldn't have asked for a better day. I will post pictures when I get around to it. Maybe.

Jacob just finished practicing guitar, and his lesson this week was (get this): Iron Man by Black Sabbath. How cool is that??? I was so worried his lessons would consist of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Mary Had a Little Lamb, all the junk I hated about my own music lessons as a kid. He doesn't even need to read the sheet music his teacher gave him, he has it memorized already (after 2 days!).

I sent Kylie downstairs half an hour ago to get something that she had wanted to show me before bed...and I think she forgot what she was doing and went to sleep lol. She wants an manga drawing kit that she saw in a Japanese magazine, and I'm really hoping that Michael's carries something similar. Although she blew her allowance at the book store yesterday...what else is new???

I was supposed to go to Aquasize tonight with a friend but our schedules didn't mesh, maybe next week. I've never been before. Kylie has gone a couple of times with her gym class and she says it's fun, so I'll give it a try.

Anyways...later.

4 comments:

Mackey said...

Glad Jacob is liking the music lessons. We do have some awesome teachers there.
My son used to go to Mr.Entertainment for guitar lessons & he was so bored with it he just did not want to go anymore.
Then I seen a video of Coris son playing one day & was so impressed with his level of playing I asked her where he went & she said Axe.
Signed Braeden up there & he loves it & now Kennedy ( who is 8) goes too!
Oh & side bonus was I scored myself a job there=)

Cori said...

Hey, I didn't know Kennedy was taking lessons there, too! Axe really is great for the flexibility and truly making the kids interested. Josh has learned so much!

Aquasize is a lot of fun, and a surprisingly good workout. You really have to find a teacher with a good musical selection, that keeps you jumping without annoying you. Keep that in mind if you don't like it - as with anything, instructors can make or break a program.

Princesstefer said...

Iron Man, coool :D

Michael's does have a Manga drawing kit (or did, don't know, haven't been there in a few months). How-to book + equipment for of thing. I'd seen it when I was picking up a gift for Hans (drawing supplies).

Coolcook said...

Aquasize is awesome, I went for years, and then branched out to develop my own style. I aquajog, have my own belt and try to go at least once a week, I go to Londonderry and occasionally Eastglen but I wish they would drop the temperature of the water as it is hard to work up a sweat in warm water. Like running in pea soup.
Thank goodness they are teaching the kids music they can relate to, or at least I can relate to Black Sabbath rock...really rocks.
jake