Friday, August 7, 2009

Drumheller Pics #2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The Hoodoos, part of the Badlands.

Photobucket
The little church...I think it's a part of living in Alberta, everyone gets their picture taken there at one time or another.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Scott is waaaay up at the top, yelling, "There's cactus up here!!!" . I had just talked to my mom on the phone the night before, she wanted us to stop at Big Valley if we could to find some cactus in the ditch lol...luckily we found some here.

Photobucket
Said cactus. It gets hot in that valley...there's even friggin' rattlesnakes down there! Glad I didn't see any, that's for sure.

You know what my favourite part of vacationing is? Going to Wal Mart in whatever town we visit, and shopping for groceries at the Co-Op or Extra Foods if they have one. I took a picture of the valley while I was in the Drumheller Wal Mart parking lot, but I can't find it now...it's so odd, it's like you're sitting in the bottom of a gigantic dishpan, with these layered hills all around you, as far as you can see.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Love the pics! I can imagine that Sammy in real life is quite the little fire cracker! :D