Sunday, December 14, 2008

Brrrrr!!!

I went to Superstore this morning...it was -37C with the windchill. It was so freakin' cold, but that kept away a lot of the shoppers...making for a pleasant trip for me :D .

Saturday morning we braved the cold to head to the mall for Santa pictures, which I will pick up tomorrow. Again, it was so cold that the mall was dead. Perfect, just the way we like it.

The rest of the weekend has been spent indoors: baking, playing board games and sitting by the fireplace heater. The kids have been getting along great, and you would think that they would be at each other's throats and going stir crazy, but they are like two 'chuthers this weekend (I know what you're thinking, you're saying, "what in the heck is two 'chuthers???" That's a phrase my niece used to use when she was little. Instead of saying "they look like each other", she would say "they look like two 'chuthers". Now it is a part of our family's everyday language lol). I hope they play together that nicely over the Christmas break (yeah, right).

I think I'm done Christmas shopping, other than a gift for Scott's assistant at work. Myself and another mom at school have finished the shopping for the school treat bags for Christmas, and we will get together at the school on Wednesday to put those together.

It's all over but the crying, now!!!

1 comment:

Neonjake said...

I was not so lucky, on Sat morning I went to Costco, man talk about a zoo. They really need to put in a express lane in that place.
Feeling better this am, hope it was just a 24 hour flu bug.
I don't think i will venture out today, tomorrow is gym day so will wait until then.jake